How to connect Salon Booking System with Google Meet
The goal is to automatically set a virtual meeting session after a reservation.
This guide will be helpful if you use our plugin to set a virtual meeting with your clients.
- Salon Booking System installed on your website
- Google / Gmail account
- an account on zapier.com ( a free account is ok too)
- Trigger app – Salon Booking System – new booking
- Action app – Google Meet – new meeting
- Log-into your zapier.com account or create a new one
- click on this “private zap invitation link” : https://bit.ly/3B4GeKV
- click on “Accept invite and build a zap” button
- click on “Create a zap” button
- search for “Salon Booking System WordPress plugin” and select
- Trigger event: Choose an event / select “new booking”
- Choose account: click on “Connect a new account” – a pop-up window will be opened
- Enter the “Site URL” ( from Salon Booking Sysem / settings / general / API service / Zapier / Site url )
- Enter the “API key” ( from Salon Booking Sysem / settings / general / API service / Zapier / Api key )
- Setup trigger: “Booking status” / Choose value ( select which booking status to be considered to set a meeting ) ex: “Paid”, “Confirmed” or “Pay later”
- Choose App event / Google Meet
- Action event / New meeting
- Choose an account / select your Google/Gmail account
- Calendar: select the Google Calendar to be used to set the meeting
- Summary: select the “booking details” to be used inside the event details ( ex: Customer first name, Customer last name )
- Description: as above, you can decide which booking details you want to display inside the “Description” field of the event
- Start date & Start time: select “Booking date” and “Booking time”
- End date & End time: use the same fields as above ( in the next releases will add the “booking end date & time”) too.
- Attendee email: select “Customer email”
It’s time for a test, and then “Turn on” your Zap.
From now on, when you receive or add a reservation on your website trough Salon Booking System, a new meeting will be automatically set on Google Meet.
The event will be added to your Google Calendar. An email will be sent to your customer ( attendee ) with the link to the virtual meeting.